New Data Protection laws came into force on 25th May 2018 which all organisations including the National Garden Scheme have to comply with. They mainly concern the use of personal data. The main rules we need to comply with include:-
- Keeping accurate records of personal data
- Updating personal data records as requested by the data subject
- Keeping personal data records securely
- Gaining explicit consent in a transparent way to contact members of the public about our activities
- Ensuring that we respect individuals wishes to be removed from our databases.
- We also have a responsibility to be aware of potential cyber security threats to our systems.Below you will find a number of resources and guidelines designed to help you be compliant with the new laws. It is everyone’s responsibility to comply with the law so please read carefully the documents relevant to your role and act accordingly. If you have any questions do contact Joanne McGowan, Digital Development & Infrastructures Manager or call 01483 213905
Some users experience issues downloading files on Microsoft Explorer. If this is the case please try a different browser such as chrome.