Ten ways to add more steps to your day
As a new gardening season dawns, put your best foot forward and join us for Marie Curie’s exciting challenge – Step into Spring!
Simply walk 10,000 steps every day this March as part of the Great Daffodil Appeal – and ask you friends and family to sponsor you. Step into Spring is great way to feel good, improve your fitness and do something amazing for families living with a terminal illness.
We have been supporting Marie Curie for over twenty years, and to help you put a spring in your step, we’ve listed all our gardens open in March – so you can reach your 10,000 steps a day in some of Britain’s most beautiful gardens.
Marie Curie’s top 10 ways to walk 10,000 steps a day
1. Jump off the bus a stop early.
2. Take the stairs instead of the lift.
3. Get up from your desk regularly.
4. Go for a lunchtime stroll.
5. Take the ‘scenic’ route, rather than the fastest route.
6. Catch up with a friend on the move, instead of over coffee.
7. Take the dog for a walk.
8. March on the spot while watching TV.
9. Organise a family day out on foot.
10. Take a stroll around some of the National Garden Scheme open gardens. Here’s a list of gardens open in March.