Carrot and courgette muffins
Macmillan Cancer Support have supplied this delicious recipe to get us excited for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, which takes place on 30th September 2022.
Every Coffee Morning comes in different shapes, sizes and slices! From good old coffee and cake, to a posh prosecco tea-party and everything in-between. However you host it, your Coffee Morning is a fun way to get your friends and loved ones together to support a great cause. Each pound donated means Macmillan can be there for more people affected by cancer.
- Preheat oven to 190C/180C fan/gas 5. Put 8 large muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Put all ingredients except pumpkin seeds into a bowl and mix well. Spoon into muffin cases. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until risen, cooked through and the mixture springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in tin.
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 50g courgette, finely grated
- 50g carrot finely grated
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g raisins
- 25g pumpkin seeds to decorate