Haskins’ mint and cucumber mocktail
Our friends over at Haskins Garden Centres are encouraging gardeners to make the most of their home-grown mint this summer with a refreshing, non-alcoholic mojito recipe.
- Blitz your fresh mint leaves in a blender, or mash using a muddler, then put them into a tall glass.
- Slice the cucumber into thin slices and place in the bottom of the glass.
- Pour the lime juice, elderflower cordial and apple juice into your glass.
- Place your ice into a sealable freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush into small chunks.
- Remove the ice from the freezer bag and place into the glass, then stir.
- Add the soda water to the glass.
- To garnish, place the mint sprig on top of the drink, near the edge.
- As a finishing touch, place one lime wedge into the drink and the other on the rim of the glass.
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cucumber
- Ice (crushed)
- 20ml lime juice
- 40ml soda water
- 15ml elderflower cordial
- 30ml apple juice
- 1 mint sprig (to garnish)
- 2 wedges of lime (to garnish)