Haskins’ mint and cucumber mocktail
Our friends over at Haskins Garden Centres are encouraging gardeners to make the most of their home-grown mint this summer with a refreshing, non-alcoholic mojito recipe.
- Blitz your fresh mint leaves in a blender, or mash using a muddler, then put them into a tall glass.
- Slice the cucumber into thin slices and place in the bottom of the glass.
- Pour the lime juice, elderflower cordial and apple juice into your glass.
- Place your ice into a sealable freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush into small chunks.
- Remove the ice from the freezer bag and place into the glass, then stir.
- Add the soda water to the glass.
- To garnish, place the mint sprig on top of the drink, near the edge.
- As a finishing touch, place one lime wedge into the drink and the other on the rim of the glass.
Haskins has centres in Ferndown in Dorset, West End in Southampton and Roundstone and Snowhill in West Sussex. For more information visit www.haskins.co.uk
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cucumber
- Ice (crushed)
- 20ml lime juice
- 40ml soda water
- 15ml elderflower cordial
- 30ml apple juice
- 1 mint sprig (to garnish)
- 2 wedges of lime (to garnish)