Back in 2017, Hospice UK launched their first ever cookbook in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the modern hospice movement. The book features a range of much-loved family recipes generously contributed by supporters of Hospice UK, including some well-know celebrities; Michael Caine, Gloria Hunniford and Carol Vorderman, to name a few!
The book is still available to buy on their online shop and purchasing it is such a great way how your support for Hospice UK and help them to raise much needed funds.
If you just can’t wait to get your hands on the cookbook, why not have a go at trying one of the recipes; tasty courgette soup – a fantastic winter warmer!
- Place onions, celery and courgettes into a pan with the butter and cook gently with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Add half a pint of hot water and continue to cook for another 20 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked through
- Season the ingredients and then add to a blender to blitz, until smooth. At this stage, you may need to add more water to get the right consistency.
- Season to taste and then serve hot with a swirl of single cream and chopped chives.
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 4 large courgettes, sliced
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 1/2 pint of water
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- Knob of Butter
- Chopped chives
- A little single cream