Treasurer – Cambridgeshire
We are looking for a Treasurer to join our County Team. The successful applicant would need to be a confident user of IT, happy to support Garden Owners with the gradual transition to an online financial reporting and payment system. We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude. Click here for a full role description. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
County Organiser – Hertfordshire
Hertfordshire is looking for a County Organiser to head up their team of volunteers. Please download the role description below for full details. Please email email@example.com or phone 01799 550553 for more details. Role Description – County Organiser
Treasurer – London
We are looking for a Treasurer to join our County Team. Ideally living in South West London or Surrey, the successful applicant would need to be a confident user of IT, happy to support Garden Owners with the gradual transition to an online financial reporting and payment system. We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude. Click here for a full role description. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
County Organiser – Gwynedd
Gwynedd are looking for a County Organiser to head up their team of volunteers. Please download the role description below for full details. Please email email@example.com for more details.
Assistant County Organiser – Dorset – Poole & Bournemouth
What we’re after:
Volunteers who live in the Poole and Bournemouth area who have a keen interest in gardening and are able to dedicate some spare time to help us raise much needed funds for our dedicated nursing and healthcare charities, including Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie, Hospice UK, Carers Trust and the Queen’s Nursing Institute. We need your help supporting our garden owners with the gardens that already open for the National Garden Scheme in this area and also with recruiting new gardens, as we continue to grow and raise more money for our beneficiaries.
What we expect from you
We are a community of passionate individuals who care about what we do. Every one of us is important and we could not do what we do without you.
We ask that you:
- Always treat National Garden Scheme staff, fellow volunteers, garden owners and visitors with respect, consideration and appreciation
- Ask your National Garden Scheme volunteer contact for guidance if you don’t fully understand your role and the standards of performance required of you
- Bring any support, development or further information requirements to our attention
- Uphold and demonstrate National Garden Scheme values
- Let your volunteer contact know if your circumstances change and affect your ability to volunteer
What you can expect from us
Inspiring, rewarding, sociable, a joy and a privilege are just some of the ways our volunteers describe their experience as part of our team. We want you to have the same experience and to get the most out of your new role.
So our commitment to you is that we will:
- Always treat you with respect, consideration and appreciation
- Ensure you have a clear idea of your responsibilities and the information you need to fulfil these
- Provide training for your role where appropriate
- Provide fair, honest and timely feedback on your contributions
- Update you as to how your work makes a difference
- Demonstrate our values in all interactions with you
- Provide you with a key point of contact for any concerns or queries
Please contact Alison Wright, Dorset County Organiser on 01935 83652 or 07538 385350, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
County Booklet Co-ordinator – Somerset, Bristol & S Glos
This role involves co-ordinating the production and distribution of the local county booklet and organising advertising sales. For more information contact Laura Howard, Somerset County Organiser, tel: 01460 282911 email: email@example.com or Su Mills, Bristol Area County Organiser tel: 01454 615438 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details of the role can be found here: County Booklet Co-ordinator Role description
Assistant County Organisers – Cornwall
What we’re after:
Volunteers who live in either the Redruth/Perranporth/Newquay area or in the Bude/Launceston area. We need your help with recruiting new gardens and supporting the gardens that already open for us.
What you will get:
To be part of a friendly, happy team.
The opportunity to meet people with a passion for gardening and see their amazing gardens.
The knowledge that you are helping to raise funds for the wonderful caring charities that we support.
Lots of opportunities for tea and home-made cake!
Please contact Christopher Harvey Clark on 01872 530165 or email@example.com
Publicity volunteer – Herefordshire
Herefordshire are looking for a volunteer who could help with publicity for their lovely gardens.
For publicity they would love someone who has a knowledge and interest in social media.
To have a chat about the role please contact the Country Organiser, Lavinia Sole on 07880 550 235.
County Booklet Co-ordinator – Worcestershire
This role involves co-ordinating the production and distribution of the local county booklet and organising advertising sales. For more information contact David Morgan County Organiser tel: 01214 423595 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Alan Nokes tel: 0121 445 5520 email: email@example.com
Social Media volunteers – Powys
We need some social media volunteers to help us publicise the mainly private gardens that open to the public in Powys to raise funds for the marvelous charities we support.
What we’re after:
- People familiar with using Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- Folk with a feel for a quirky story to excite people’s interest.
- We have gardens throughout Powys but we’re open to volunteers posting about the open gardens in your area.
- You can do as much or as little posting as you wish.
And you get:
- Stunning gardens created by some amazing, interesting people as your subject matter.
- To be part of a happy band of Powys based volunteers.
- A warm fuzzy feeling that you’ll be supporting charities like Macmillan, Marie Curie, Mind and Parkinson’s UK
- Oh and access to substantial amounts of cake!
Interested? Contact Susan for a chat: 01686 650531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Photographer – Dorset
Our team in Dorset are looking for volunteer photographers. Professional images are always VERY welcome, but keen amateurs can make a huge difference too. Capture some of our beautiful gardens & have images published online and in print. Please contact Alison Wright 01935 83652 or email@example.com for more details.
Treasurer – Northamptonshire
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join our county team. They would need to be confident users of IT, happy to support the garden owners with the gradual transition to an online financial reporting and payment system. We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude. An interest in visiting the gardens on their open days and establishing a good rapport with the owners would be most welcome. Click here for a full role description. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more details.