This delicious plum tort recipe comes from Assistant County Organiser for Staffordshire, Alison Jordan. Alison was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 11 years ago and has since opened her garden for the National Garden Scheme in support of Parkinson’s UK.
The National Garden Scheme have been supporting Parkinson’s UK since 2012, donating over £1 million in that time to help drive better care, treatments and quality of life for those living with Parkinson’s.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy beat-in eggs and flour.
- Spoon batter into a 9″ spring form lined cake tin.
- Place plums skin side upon top then sprinkle over sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F or gas 4.
- Allow to cool in tin.
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 8oz castor sugar
- 4oz butter
- 4oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 24 halved and stoned victoria plums
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon