The Rock House’s banana and peanut butter cakey-bread
This banana bread is a fantastic way to use up the bananas in your fruit bowl, and the peanut butter adds a delicious twist to this classic bake…
- Mix the margarine, peanut butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- Add the bananas to the mixture and combine
- Add the eggs
- Next, sieve the flour and salt and mix well
- Pour the mixture into a paper-lined loaf tin (4″x10″), and spread evenly.
- Put on the middle shelf in a pre-heated oven (160c) for 35-40 minutes
- You will know it’s done when a skewer comes out clean when poked through the loaf, the top is golden brown and the sound ‘hollow’ when you tap on the bottom.
This recipe was kindly shared by friends of the Rock House, The Blue Tomato Cafe for their garden opening in May. With the garden gates closed, garden owners Sue and Jude are inviting their visitors to join them for a series of virtual garden visits instead. So, cut a slice of cake, make a cup of tea and enjoy a garden escape to The Rock House.
- 3 oz margarine
- 3 oz peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 12 oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp salt