Valentine’s Chocolate Hedgehogs
This special Valentine’s Day recipe comes from one of our beneficiaries, ABF The Soldiers’ Charity. This super simple recipe provides all the chocolatey goodness for a Valentine’s treat. ABF The Soldiers’ Charity also have some wonderful Valentine’s Day gifts, which you can shop here. Enjoy!
- Once you’ve released any stress by bashing the biscuits to a pulp, mix all the ingredients except the cooking chocolate together in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a tray, before covering with the melted cooking chocolate.
- Cool in the fridge for an hour before carefully cutting into 24 pieces.
- Pop red heart cake decoration onto each chocolate hedgehog – or pipe on some red icing – and enjoy!
- 1 lb digestive biscuits, smashed into small pieces
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 lb butter or marg, melted over a low heat
- 2 bars cooking chocolate, melted over a low heat
- Red cake decoration - e.g. hearts