Delicious Bara Brith
Bara Brith, from Gwyneth Jackson-Jones, a wonderful, long standing supporter of the National Garden Scheme in Powys North. This loaf is also delicious spread with butter, and great to make ahead of time as it keeps well for a couple of days, or freezes well.
You can also download a recipe card here – Delicious Bara Brith
1. Heat oven to 170 degrees (fan oven)
2. Line two 450g loaf tins with greaseproof paper
3. Soak the dried fruit in a large bowl with the sugar and strong tea.
Cover and leave overnight
4. Add the egg and flour, stir well
5. Divide the mixture between the tins
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out
7. Cool and wrap in cling film or foil to keep moist. Slice and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 340g dried mixed fruit
- 225g dark soft brown sugar
- 250ml strong tea
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 340g self-raising flour