Edible Flower Biscuits
These lovely classic biscuits from Rosanna Falconer are so simple and perfect to serve with afternoon tea or morning coffee. Once made, either finish with marbled royal icing (just dip them in, no precision needed!) or edible flowers.
For more garden party inspiration from Rosanna click here
You can also download a recipe card here – Edible Flower Biscuits.
1. Heat oven to 170 degrees (fan oven)
2. Beat the sugar and butter together
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again
4. Sift in the flour then beat, finishing it off by hand, kneading the dough
5. Roll out to 0.5cm thickness
6. Cut your biscuit shapes with a clean jam jar or a cookie cutter
7. Add the flowers
8. Bake at 170 degrees (fan) for 10-12 minutes
9. Sprinkle with sugar and leave to cool for 5 minutes before eating
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 400g plain flour
- 200g sugar
- 200g butter
- 1 egg
- Half teaspoon of vanilla
- Edible flowers