Mog’s Courgette Cake
Our recipe of the month comes from Horatio’s Garden. Molly – or Mog – is the daughter of Stephen Hackett, Head Gardener in Salisbury. Molly often helps out at events and shares her recipe here.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter 2 x 20 cms cake tins (or a loaf tin) and line with baking paper.
- Put the eggs, oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat together.
- Coarsely grate the courgette and add to the bowl, along with the vanilla extract, mixing gently.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix together, and then stir into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tin(s)
- Bake for about 35 minutes (test with a skewer) and leave to cool.
You can fill the cake with lemon or lime curd, or top with a cream cheese frosting – whatever takes your fancy.
It’s delicious with a cup of tea just as it is!
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 2 large eggs
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 250g courgette
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 150g sultanas