Wild garlic and cheese scones
Spring is upon us and as we welcome April, we can also welcome the wild garlic season. Often appearing in great carpets, they’re difficult to miss and of course, the smell is unmistakeable! So, why not turn your wild garlic harvest into some delicious scones?
- Heat the oven to 200c/425f/Gas 7 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour and salt and then rub in the butter.
- Stir in the cheese and chopped garlic, then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/3/4in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on the baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
Brush the tops of the scones with a small amount of milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 200g margerine
- 500g self raising flour
- 4tsp baking powder
- 1/4 salt
- 250g grated cheddar cheese
- 200ml milk
- 2 large handfuls of chopped wild garlic leaves