Wild garlic pesto
This delicious wild garlic pesto recipe comes from our partner, Woodland Trust. If you’re new to the world of foraging for wild garlic, then these tips may come in handy:
- Visit woods between late March and July.
- Look out for their bright white flowers on damp soils and slopes.
- When you find the plant, pick long leaves that are bright in colour.
- Be sure to carefully pick the leaves from close to the ground but make sure to leave the bulb underground and intact for next year
Read more about our partnership with the Woodland Trust, here.
- Wash wild garlic leaves thoroughly.
- Place the leaves, parmesan, olive oil and pine nuts into a food processor and blitz. You could do this with a pestle and mortar if you want to be more traditional.
- Add more oil if you want to have a thinner pesto.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
If you enjoyed this content please consider making a donation to help us continue to support our nursing and health beneficiaries.
- 100g wild garlic leaves
- 50g parmesan cheese or 50g nutritional yeast for a vegan and veggie-friendly version
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper